Tuesday 22 October 2013

Winding Ways Block/Quilt Part Two

The photos below show the actual quilt constructed using the Winding Ways block, also known as Wheel of Mystery.  I used the Accuquilt Studio to cut the fabrics, as I can stack and cut up to ten layers at a time.  This quilt has exactly 120 blocks, and took me 35 hours to construct.  That is, 35 hours of cutting, stitching, and pressing.  Each block took about 12 minutes in total, to create.

When I first proposed to do the Winding Ways quilt, I created a colour map using EQ7.  However, I bought and cut the fabrics far ahead of getting the software.  Its akin to putting the cart before my horse.  The photos attached show what the quilt really looks like, and its destined for use in either our bedroom or on the guest bed.  Its a queen size plus, as its long enough to create the tuck under the pillows.
Completed queen size plus bed spread/quilt

A riot of warm colours with resting spots of blues and greens.

Border detail on Summers' Heat Winding Ways Quilt.  

Winding Ways quilt overlaid on one of our other quilts.  My long arm quilter did a wonderful job on the quilt and borders.

A closeup of the morphing circles.

No comments:

Post a Comment